I know that I promised to write more upon my return to the states, but life got so busy, I just plain forgot! SO, to update everyone, here we go on a rapid review of the last few months:
1) I returned to the Midwest and missed Japan. The Buddhist philosophy of mindfulness that we were careful to practice at the last monastery through meals, meditation, and practices really stuck with me and, though I know I haven't always succeeded, I've tried to apply bits of it to my daily life.
2) I had a very difficult and busy semester, but made it through. I had a full schedule, audited a new media arts class, and performed in a wonderful play with a magnificent cast and director (Bob Larson) called "The Last Night Of Ballyhoo" (written by Alfred Uhry, the same man who wrote "Driving Miss Daisy").
3) I graduated with honors in anthropology and have minors in theatre/dance and art. It was a busy, full, and emotional weekend! It still surprises me that four years have gone so fast!
4) I moved out of my BEAUTIFUL apartment in Decorah and am at home again until my train leaves on the 14th. It has been difficult for me to say goodbye to that home and I am still trying to get used to not seeing all the lovely people who have become my extended family in Decorah. I know it's time for me to go on the next adventure, but I am excited for my next visit there.
5) I will spend the summer (through September, at least) at Holden Village in the Cascade mountains outside Chelan, WA where I will be the bookstore assistant. I will find out more about what this position entails upon my arrival and try to keep you informed.
Internet will be a bit spotty at Holden, but I will try to update and let people know what I'm up to over the next few months. Feel free to keep checking in. Write to me... I would love mail. My contact information is in the left hand panel.
Take care!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment