When I woke up on Thursday morning (8:00am), the snow was falling heavily, but gently, outside my window and there was about an inch covering everything in sight. By the time I ate dinner (5:00pm), we had seven inches.
We enjoyed the day with many an impromptu snowball fight and outdoor frolic. Magical.
Since then, it has rained a lot and much of it has turned to slush, but we are still living in a winter wonderland. Thank you, home, for sending my warm things!
Today we did a village wide fire drill with the scenario that one of the old bookstore storage rooms had been lit ablaze from an old fan malfunction. I was on the "God Mic" sharing information with the rest of the village and, eventually, giving the all clear.
I am also starting my moving process yet today (hopefully!!) even though the village is already getting dark (3:00pm). The room I am slotted to move into was moved out of by its last occupant nearly two months ago, but he left it such a mess when he moved across the hall that, as of yesterday, I could not even walk in the door. I had to jump. Ick! It's mostly trash. There are several "higher-ups" in registration, staffing, and housekeeping, who have been working to get the situation remedied so that I can move my stuff out of the room I'm in (the heat is being turned off in that wing of the building soon) before I go on my out. I'm getting nervous I won't have time. This will be my 7th home in the last 5 months!
Decorah, Zumbrota, Chalet 14, Chalet 3, Lodge 1, Koinonia, and now Chalet 1.
I'm ready to stop being so nomadic.
Wish me well!
Love to you all.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you need your winter boots...Enjoy the snow, and good luck with your move. We will be glad to have you home in the next few weeks, you dear little Nomad...
I love you.
Mom
Post a Comment